Welcome back to church!
We are so glad that you have decided to join us. You will notice that there have been some changes made to the sanctuary so that we can practice social distancing while still participating in worship. In accordance with the CDC guidelines and the Texas Governor’s Office recommendations regarding reopening house of worship, these are the guidelines that Believers Fellowship has put into practice:
1. Personal Protection – Wearing masks and gloves are optional and available in the foyer.
2. Hand Sanitizing Stations – Hand sanitizing pumps are available in the foyer and sanctuary.
3. Sanctuary – The doors entering the sanctuary will remain open throughout the service.
4. Practice Social Distancing - Sanctuary will be set up for families to spread out and activity pages will be provided for the children.
5. Skip Rows – Please do not sit in rows that have “Skip Rows” signs posted.
6. Morning Sunday Service Only – All other ministries will reopen at a later date which we will announce in the next week.
7. After Service - Fellowship in open spaces like outdoors.
REMEMBER! As believers, we always show respect for one another. Wearing a mask or not wearing a mask, is not a cause for a spirit of controversy. Love at all times. We will get past this in due season. Don’t let the issues of these days create dissention in your heart.
RE-ENTRY PLANS FOR BELIEVERS FELLOWSHIP WORSHIP GATHERINGS
Proverbs 1:5 "A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise
counsel". We are committed to following safety protocols for establishing our reopening dates for our church at both locations. We are also, above all else, carefully listening to and relying upon leadership from the Holy Spirit. We know the Word of God tells us to heed government authorities, unless and until, it conflicts with God’s revealed will. We are giving diligent and careful regard to re-open with a safe and healthy environment.
Texas Governor Abbot, as well as the Federal Government, have suggested a Three Phase approach for our State.
The State and Federal Government Criteria for moving to each next phase: Downward trajectory of documented COVID-19 cases within a 14-day period or downward percentage of positive tests related to total tests within a 14-day period.
Our State - ReOpen Texas Stages - as of Monday, April 27, 2020:
Stage One for Texas MAY 1ST - Re-open businesses that pose little or no threat of spreading Covid-19. List of Business can be found in state book online at gov.texas.gov/opentexas site. The number one focus is to seek to protect the most vulnerable people that are 65 and older.
Stage Two for Texas MAY 18TH – It will be further outlined in new lists that will be produced by the State. Stage Three for Texas – May date not specified yet -
NOTE: The State of Texas has already told churches that they can meet if practicing the guidelines of safe distancing. Below are the State recommendations:
Texas Attorney General guidelines for “Minimum Standard Health Protocols for Churches/Places of Worship” The Office of the Attorney General and the Office of the Governor have been providing joint guidance regarding the effect of executive orders on religious services conducted in churches, congregations, and places of worship.
Below is an excerpt from the joint guidance for executive order GA-18, issued on April 27, 2020. The same minimum standard health protocols would apply to funeral services, burials, and memorials.
• Strongly encourage the at-risk population to watch or participate in the service remotely. At-risk population are those who are 65 or older, especially those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune system
• Designate an area inside the facility reserved for the at-risk population or offer a service for at-risk population attendees only.
• Ensure proper spacing between attendees:
The staff, elders and leadership of Believers Fellowship are focused upon a ‘soft re-entry plan’ directed to the latter part of May, if the trend of Covid-19 continues downward. We have prayed, met multiple times, and even talked with other churches leaders in our community, and we will continue to do so.
We will follow the guidelines that have been outlined under the Attorney General of Texas as listed above, order GA-18, issued on April 27, 2020. Given the space challenges of social distancing, we are adjusting services and schedules that includes these changes from our normal practices prior to the pandemic. Information on Safe Distancing for Worship will be made available to those entering the building.
1) All common gathering areas need to be as restricted as much as possible – i.e. Coffee Bar in Lobby closed for the time. We could offer water bottles. We will need to discourage stationary gathering in areas.
2) Children, Preschool and Nurseries will have to be suspended during this transition period. Families will need to worship together in designated services. Student meetings will also need to be suspended. Students who come with their families will need to sit with them in worship and those who come without families will need to maintain social distancing and sit as “singles” in worship.
3) Worship configuration in the Worship Centers will be arranged to safe distancing guidelines stated above. These guidelines require that families sit in worship together.
4) When Group Bible Study returns, the groups meeting in church classrooms will configure rooms according to safety measures. Those meeting in homes will take the same precautions for social distancing arrangements.
5) We will provide gloves and masks for usher/greeter volunteers. There will also be available disposable masks for those who do not have masks. Hand sanitizer will be available.
6) The Welcome/Walk Around time in our service will be halted for the time.
7) The resumption of Wednesday Dive Deeper Services will start in the Summer, date to be announced.
It is also very important to realize that there are many different opinions regarding this issue. Some churches feel ready to come back today, and others feel safer waiting. We are not the judges over everyone’s decision process. I am asking you to remain loving and gentle with each other, as well as, our sister churches. Some of them may choose to wait, while others choose to meet sooner. We are only accountable for the flock we shepherd. We ask all the folks of Believers Fellowship to continue to seek God’s face and direction in all these matters with us. We love our folks and we love our community. We will do all we can to meet your spiritual needs, at the same time, do all we can to safely gather for worship, prayer and ministry.
Sincerely & Respectfully,
Believers Fellowship - One Church | Two Campuses
W: bfchurch.com | facebook.com/bfchurch.tx